Wednesday 5 September 2012

Paralympics

As a Londoner, I believe this whole city is really enjoying hosting the Olympics and the Paralympics. There is so much written about the Paralympics and how it is coming of age, world class sport, etc that I don't need to rehash all of that here. I just want to add for the record how proud I am of London and Britain for embracing the Paralympics. I think I am more proud of the Paralympics than I was of the Olympics.

Around the water cooler and in the lunch room, we are all talking about the Paralympics: the coverage, who's going to what events, taking time off to go along, envious of families on the tube, dressed in their supporters gear, heading for a great day out in Stratford. It's the Olympics all over again, not Olympics-lite at all!

I just wish Charlotte could have been a few years older to enjoy all of this with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment