Wednesday 3 October 2012

Prescription lenses

Charlotte has been prescribed lenses now, +4 in each eye.  After finding the Noir eyeshields online and ordering them from Misouri, I was quite worried about not getting her the right type of lens tint.  Everything I've read from adult Achromats has said that their childhood prescriptions were never as useful as dark sunglasses.

I went to Moorfields to attempt to get the prescription filled there.  I know they customise lenses and also have great frames for kids.  As we are patients there, I thought we had a pretty good chance of being seen.

They were utterly superb in their service!  I feel so fortunate that we have the most marvellous healthcare for Charlotte, they checked the tint, offered to custom tint to try and match the colour, had an exceptional range of frames and were so patient with her when she was being unco-operative.

I can't wait to pick them up and see how they look...

No comments:

Post a Comment