Monday 26 November 2012

Statement application

The school have asked me to put in an application for a Statement of Educational Special Needs for Ch.  I'm happy to do it because I think she really would benefit from some 1:1 support in the classroom.  She is clever but I think many of the concepts pass her by because she can't comprehend them visually.  Plus, what child wouldn't learn better with 1:1 support?

I've sent a letter to the council requesting that they assess her for a statement.  Now they are in the process of gathering information, they will contact the school, maybe her doctor and then make a decision.

Apparently it can take 3-4 months so I am not expecting a quick answer.

In other public services matters: since she turned 3 she is eligible for the mobility component of DLA and her rate has duly been increased.

No comments:

Post a Comment