Saturday 19 June 2010

Sunglasses from Moorfields?

I have an enquiry outstanding with them at the moment to prescribe some sunglasses for Charlotte. Apparently they have quite the low-vision centre there. It is so wonderful to be living so close to such a world-class facility - and I am so grateful that the care we have recieved is at no charge to us. I am extremely grateful to the NHS, I have to admit that I would not have taken Charlotte to as many different health professionals as I have if we were paying for all this care.

The sunglasses idea came from another mother of an Achroma-kid who said that they went to the optician at Moorfields and came away with some sunglasses. I hadn't bothered because I knew I had shopped quite extensively on the high street but I thought they might be able to help me with the required darkeness and hopefully a red tint. They have to ask Prof Moore's team what they recommend for Achromats, hopefully what they recommend tallies with what they have recommended themselves online.

No comments:

Post a Comment