Tuesday 27 July 2010

The laying on of hands

I took Charlotte to a Paediatric Osteopath today. It wasn't for her vision, but as it always does, it came up. It is part of her whole wellness and general health and it does come up when I am giving a medical history. It really came up today because I started talking about the raft of people that we see in our day to day lives: Developmental Ped, OT etc. I was going to mention the vision at the end of the history but, as I said, it came up anyway.

The reason I took Charlotte to the Osteopath was because she has been tensing her body ever since she was an infant. She makes her limbs go rigid and holds her breath for about a second or two and then releases. I say "she makes..." because it is somewhat voluntary because if you hold her feet apart where she can't cross them to get any traction, she won't do the tensing.

I spoke to my friend, a Health Visitor about it over the weekend and she recommended it. I have shown the Dev Ped her doing it and he wasn't particularly worried because he said it's not a seizure. I asked Harvey's Mum if he does it and she said he used to before he was walking. I wondered if this was more coincidence than vision but you never know. I should mention it to the Ped Opth the next time we go.

So we had the laying on of hands for Charlotte, I'm not sure if it's going to make a difference but we will go back a few times. It's worth a try because she is really starting to hurt herself doing it: she is getting bruises between her knees, red patches on her feet and scratch marks on her arms from her opposite fingernails. I feel dreadful, is there something really badly wrong with my poor little baby to do this to herself?

No comments:

Post a Comment