Saturday 26 March 2011

And so it begins

I had my first meeting with a potential school for Charlotte yesterday. I was actually meeting with the teacher to tell them that Emily is leaving but I wanted it not to be all about that. I want Charlotte to go there if possible so I want to be on friendly terms with them. It sounds a bit funny that I tried to do that by talking about my disabled child. They were sort of interested-but-distant. I think they were probably thinking, "why are we spending time talking about this stuff when she is not going to get in anyway because you took your other child out". Maybe I'm being overly paranoid about all this but the whole admissions process that goes on around here stokes that fear and paranoia among parents. This is just for nursery school! Which is the basis of the reason why we have moved Emily - she will now be going to a school which will educate her for the remainder of her school life and we never have to go through another admissions process with her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment