Thursday 5 August 2010

School holidays are driving me crazy!

So much for enjoying the time at home alone with the two little girls. I can't wait for school to go back so I can get some peace and quiet!

I have no space to think, to do nothing, or to even walk around my house without stepping over, or tripping over a toy, dropped food or a child.

Only two more weeks until the nanny starts and then, thank heavens, I won't be on my own with them any more. I am bored, they are bored. We get out every day but I feel so aimless and I don't do well without a schedule and a plan.

I really liked the idea of unstructured time for them during the holidays. I think that they get too much schooling right now: too formal, too long, too young and I wouldn't have booked Emily into any school holiday activities this summer. But maybe it would have been a good idea because being at home with a mother who says things like "go away" and "I'm too busy" can't really be good for her. I am a bad, bad mother. Hopefully the teachers are better teachers than I am a mother and they will take good care of her when school goes back in September.

I think next summer some morning "camps" might be a good idea for some of the weeks. All her classmates seem to be at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment