Tuesday 3 August 2010

Not normal

Charlotte's tensing is really bothering me right now. She does it constantly. So much so that Emily has now started doing "ballerina feet" - she sits on the edge of a chair, crosses her ankles, points her toes and stretches her legs out. It would be very cute if it weren't so worrying.

I mentioned it to our Achromat-friend's Mum and she said that he used to do it too. I was so concerned that I phoned her over the weekend to talk about it some more. I wonder if it is a coincidence or if it is indeed related to their vision. He doesn't do it now that he is walking but he does keep some tension in one of his hands which is clenched in a fist some/a lot of the time. I hope she does mention it to Professor Cone because I would be really interested to hear what he has to say about it.

Charlotte does hers when she is excited, cross, bored, frustrated and many more emotional states. Everything except calm. I wonder if she does it when she feels visually unable to orient herself in space. For example: She does it on the swings and while she likes being pushed on them, it is probably a pretty strange experience if you can't see what is going on around you but you know you are moving all the same.

We went to another Osteopath today. The one last week was too far and I had to pay for 3 hours of babysitting for Emily just to take Charlotte. For a not for profit, it ended up costing me over £60 which is a bit steep for something I am not even seeing a difference in. There is a college locally and they offer a free children's clinic so I took Charlotte along to that. They were very nice but they don't do cranial-sacral which is what I wanted. I should have asked but because they are students, they aren't able to do it. So I think I'll stop with the laying on of hands and wait for her to start walking. In the meantime, I'll mention it at the next round of Drs visits coming up in September.

I feel a bit like I have Munchousen Syndrome by Proxy. I feel like I am getting all this attention by having a "sick" baby. Nothing is simple when giving a medical history and the list of practitioners that I take her to is long.

No comments:

Post a Comment