Wednesday 1 September 2010

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to work I go!

Tomorrow is my first day back at work after 13 months of maternity leave.

I have no idea what to wear. I don't think my daily uniform of jeans, ballet flats and a cardigan will work at the office, a suit feels like I am trying too hard (and none of them fit properly anyway) and black trousers with a white shirt just screams: "I didn't know what to wear." But I'm ok for shoes and bags!

Other (minor) complications: we're still breastfeeding and I'll be dropping her last daytime feed tomorrow, I am going to miss her terribly, she is going to miss me more, Emily is old enough to know what is going on and might decide that she doesn't like it.

Despite the "first day of school" jitters, I am looking forward to going. Shallow joking aside (drinking a coffee while it's still hot, not hearing "Mummy! Mummy!" every 30 seconds, going the toilet with the door closed), my reasons for working are many and varied and I am delighted to still be part of the workforce.

We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment