Saturday 9 July 2011

White cane travel

Paddington Station is quite the location for white cane spotting today, we've been here 5 minutes and I've already seen 2!

One of them was a Dad with his wife and two kids and they were clearly on a family day out. I find that so encouraging: he's got a partner, he's got children, they're doing regular stuff, he must have a job (because they weren't dressed in rags) and that is really the things I want in life for both my children. It's great to see blind people living normal lives. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

  1. I just love when I spot a white cane. Every year during our IEP (Individualized Education Plan. I imagine in England it has a different name), my husband and I make sure to tell the team that we fully expect Rocco to attend Stanford University. It's only 2 hours from where we live and one of the best in the nation. We have done this since he was three years old. After one of the meetings one of the educators said to us that she thought it was important that we kept reminding people that our standards for Rocco's education are no lower than any parent has for their child. All too often there are parents that are satisfied that their child can just learn the basics of reading. From day one we have had very high standards for Rocco which in turn makes the standards for his IEP quite high.

    All of that leads up to what you said in your post... I hope Rocco will grow up to have a great job and a loving wife and lot's of adorable little children!

    ReplyDelete