Thursday 1 April 2010

Looking after my inner introvert

It is hard to get a moment to myself with two small children and a husband who works incredibly long hours. I finally understand that "underfoot" was coined as a literal expression. If not the child herself, then the toys.

I love my alone time and I am just not getting any right now. I am constantly hearing "Mama, mama" all day. I love the sound of her little voice but the last two days it has sounded like fingernails on a blackboard. Poor kid, all she wants is me and all I want is some peace and quiet.

Amy is here this morning and I was going to go out, but having someone around to take care of the children while I get other things done (or not - as I sit here on the internet) is probably luxury enough.

This weekend is Easter and Martin is home for 4 days! We are going to the zoo tomorrow but I am reconsidering my participation in the outing and staying home with a DVD and pile of easter eggs instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment