Sunday 11 April 2010

My own baby

Charlotte's good developmental assessments have left me a bit shamefaced. I realise I have been listening to the internets too much, rather than looking at my own child. I have been reading far too much about various conditions (of which we still don’t know which one applies to Charlotte) and getting myself incredibly upset. Meanwhile, my lovely baby has just been getting on with the process of growing and developing and looking around. She’s saying to me, “Mum, I’m fine, look what I can do!”

This is so important because I really need to treat her like the individual she is. True of all children, particularly special needs. She will show me what she needs. I have been distracting myself by running around and getting appointments with anyone I can. It just feels more productive than doing nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment